Today is Friday, Jan. 4. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Warmer: The temperature should get above freezing at some point on Friday, but it will be windier so it may not feel much warmer.
2. Blood Drive: Mike Bucci hosts the 4th annual Community Blood Drive in memory of his father on Saturday at Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School. It runs from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and donors must be at least 17 years old or 16 years of age with a signed parental consent form.
3. Dunkin Donuts: Win a $50 gift card to Dunkin Donuts, with a location in the Shoppes at Hamilton Crossing, by following the chain on Twitter and answering their questions. Several times a day, they will tweet out a sentence with a missing word, Tweet back the answers and be entered for a chance to win of five gift cards each day through Sunday.
4. Heroes: The American Red Cross is looking for Heroes Among Us. The 11th Annual Community Heroes Breakfast on will happen on Thursday, March 21 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore. Friday is the deadline to submit nominations for the awards. There are six different heroes: enduring hero, community hero, first responder hero, youth hero, education hero and healthcare hero. The nomination form can be found online.
5. Nutrition: Want to be healthier in the new year? Join Nancy Rowse, a nutrition and wellness coach from Pure Energy Nutrition, for a free program at Hamilton-Wenham Library on Friday at 10:15 a.m. She will go over techniques that help people make gradual changes to reach health goals.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.