Today is Thursday, Jan. 31. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Upside down: Thursday will be an “upside down” day weatherwise, with warm temperatures to start the day and then cooler temperatures later on. Temperatures in the 50s will drop into the 40s and eventually reach a low in the mid-20s overnight. Rain is also expected to move through on Thursday morning.
2. Patton Estate: The Patton Committee in Hamilton continues to meet, even after the gift of the Patton Estate has been formally accepted by the town. On Thursday, the committee will meet at 7 p.m. at Hamilton Town Hall to discuss many important issues regarding the property, including future uses of the property, furnishing the home and the future role of the committee.
3. Dog Licenses: Thursday is the final day to register your dog in 2013 without paying a late fee. Registration can be done at the Town Clerk’s office at Town Halls in both towns.
4. John Kerry: Outgoing U.S. Senator John Kerry will go “Good Bye Massachusetts” in an event at 6 p.m. on Thursday at Faneuil Hall in Boston. Kerry was confirmed as the new Secretary of State earlier this week and is expected to be sworn in on Friday.
5. State of Schools: The Hamilton-Wenham Regional School Committee meets at 7 p.m. on Thursday at Buker Elementary School where, among other items, Superintendent Michael Harvey will presents his entry plan report and the “State of the Schools.”
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.