Today is Tuesday, Jan. 1. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Sun: The sun is expected to make an appearance on Tuesday, with high temperatures getting to the mid-30s - much the same as Monday. The winds will also be gusting as strong as 30 miles per hour.
2. Hike: The state Department of Conservation and Recreation wants to kick off the year on the right foot, quite literally, with a “First Day Hike” at Bradley Palmer State Park. It’s part of a statewide movement that started 20 years ago and now includes similar events across the country. The free, guided hike starts in Bradley Palmer starts at 10 a.m. from the park headquarters off Asbury Street in Topsfield, and a free reception will be hosted at the park headquarters afterward for hikers.
3. Vacation: Students, enjoy the final day of vacation. The holiday break comes to an end on Tuesday and Hamilton-Wenham Regional School District students head back to school on Wednesday.
4. Trash: Again, Tuesday marks the start of delays for trash pickups for the start of the week. There is no trash pickup on Tuesday because of the New Year’s Day holiday and regular pickup will be delayed through the week. So typical Tuesday pickup in Wenham will happen on Wednesday and then pickup in Hamilton for the rest of the week will be delayed by a day.
5. Gas: The least expensive gallon of gas in Hamilton and Wenham to start the new year is at G & M Motors for $3.39. At both Oliver Gulf and Hamilton Convenience, a gallon was selling for $3.43. A gallon is $3.59 at Fallon’s Auto.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.