Today is Wednesday, Feb. 6. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Clouds: The clouds that start the day on Wednesday will gradually clear and temperatures will get into the mid-30s. A west wind could also gust up to 20 miles per hour.
2. Midwinter Jubilee: Young performers will take the stage at First Church in Wenham on Wednesday at 7 p.m. for the 22nd annual Midwinter Night's Choral Jubilee. The program typically includes Miles River Middle School Chorus, Delle Belles and Solstice Singers performing. The event is sponsored by People’s United Bank and there will be a collection to benefit Acord Food pantry.
3. Blizzard: It was exactly 35 years ago on Wednesday that the snow was really coming down as the heart of the Blizzard of ’78 was on top of us.
4. Power Plant: The future of the Salem Power Plant is of interest to much of the North Shore, if for no other reason than the existing coal-fired plant is one of the dirtiest power plants in the country. On Wednesday, the CEO of Footprint Power, the company that has bought the plant and plan to convert is to a gas-fired operation, will speak about those plans before the North Shore Chamber of Commerce at DoubleTree by Hilton Boston North Shore in Danvers.
5. Hamilton: The Hamilton Board of Selectmen meets with the Finance Advisory Commission on Wednesday at 6 p.m. at Hamilton Town Hall with one item to be discussed – the fiscal 2014 budget.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.