Today is Tuesday, Feb. 5. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Mix: The sky will be a mix of clouds with the chance of sun today, but temperatures will stay cold. The wind will be much lighter on Tuesday, with the strong gusts of Monday behind us. The temperature will not get out of the 20s.
2. Pancakes: Tuesday is National Pancake Day, according to International House of Pancakes. And the chain is giving away a free small stack of pancakes in exchange for a donation to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals and other charities. The only two IHOP locations in our area are on Route 1 northbound in Saugus and Highland Avenue in Salem.
3. Trash: Do you live in Wenham and sometimes forget if trash pickup is delayed or not because of a holiday? While we try to keep you updated here on Patch, there was confusion last Veterans Day, for example. Now Wenham has the trash calendar posted on the town website.
4. Sliders: Pizza Hut used the Super Bowl to unveil its latest creation – pizza sliders. And it wants to give them away on Tuesday afternoon so everyone can give them a try. While there used to be Pizza Hut locations in Beverly and Salem in recent years, the only nearby location is in Danvers on Route 114 in a small plaza across from McDonalds. The sliders will be given away from 4-7 p.m.
5. Selectmen: The Wenham Board of Selectmen meets on Tuesday night at 7 p.m. at Wenham Town Hall. The board is scheduled to hear a report from the Town Government Study Committee, among other items.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.