Today is Wednesday, Feb. 27. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Rain: Wednesday will be a rainy day, with more than an inch of rain expected by the end of the day. The temperature will be in the 40s and winds will blow from the east up to 20 miles per hour.
2. Paris: “The Traveling Librarian” Jeff Klapes comes to Hamilton-Wenham Library on Wednesday evening with his “Paris in the Springtime” program. Klapes will talk about food, the sights and deliver a tour of the countryside starting at 6:30 p.m. It is free and open to the public.
3. Fair: The Topsfield Fair may be eight months away, but the fair is looking for college interns this summer, according to a recent post on its Facebook page.
4. Senate: Wednesday marks the deadline for candidates for the U.S. Senate special election to submit their required 10,000 signatures to get on the ballot by 5 p.m.. The primary is scheduled for April 30 and the general election is scheduled for June 5 to fill to seat left open when John Kerry became the Secretary of State. It is being filled temporarily by William “Mo” Cowen.
5. FinComm: The Wenham Finance and Advisory Commission meets on Wednesday to continue a review of the fiscal 2014 budget, taking a look at budgets for the Finance Department, Hamilton-Wenham Library, Town Clerk, Board of Health and others. The meeting is at 7 p.m. in the Selectmen’s meeting room on the first floor of Wenham Town Hall.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.