Today is Wednesday, Feb. 20. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Sun: The sun should peek through on Wednesday and it will be another windy day. The temperature will be in the mid-30s most of the day and there’s a chance of snow flurries later in the day. The wind could gust up to 30 miles per hour.
2. Trash: Trash pickup continues to be delayed by a day all week after the President's Day holiday on Monday, so if your usual pickup day is Tuesday the trash truck will come by today. If your usual pickup day is Wednesday, make sure your trash is out first thing on Thursday.
3. Tax Help: Every Wednesday until the tax deadline there is free tax help for seniors at Hamilton-Wenham Library. The help is by appointment only at 10, 10:45 and 11:30 a.m. through April 11. It is provided by SeniorCare. Call the library to make an appointment.
4. Magic: It was 36 years ago Wednesday that Marco the Magi - Cesareo Pelaez – started his magic show in neighboring downtown Beverly. He went on to become a North Shore legend before dying last March and the show has ended.
5. Barn: The Hamilton Historic District Commission meets on Wednesday at 8:30 p.m. at Hamilton Town Hall to review plans to tear down a shed and garage at 563 Bay Road and replace it with a similarly-sized 1-1/2 story post and beam barn.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.