Today is Tuesday, Feb. 12. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton an:d Wenham
1. Sun: The sun will return to the sky on Monday and temperatures will be mild – getting into the mid-40s. This will be welcome weather after Monday’s rain on top of the snow from the blizzard.
2. Fat Tuesday: Tuesday is Fat Tuesday, also known as Shrove Tuesday or Pancake Day. It is celebrated by Christians before Lent starts on Ash Wednesday.
3. Exhibit: Tuesday is the final day for the “Who are the Armenians?” traveling exhibit at Pingree School. It is on loan from the Armenian Library and Museum of America and shows Armenia's pre-Christian period, the nation’s adoption of Christianity in AD 301, the creation of the Armenian alphabet, the Golden Age of literature in the 5th century, the role of the Armenians in the Byzantine empire and during the Crusades, and the literary reawakening in the 18th and 19th centuries. It is open to the public during school hours if you call first.
4. Lincoln’s Birthday: Next Monday is the Presidents Day holiday, but President Abraham Lincoln – our 16th president - was born on this day in 1809 in Hodgenvile, Ky. In some states, today is also a holiday, but not in Massachusetts.
5. School Committee: Two of the subcommittees of the Hamilton-Wenham Regional School Committee meet on Tuesday – the Policy and Communications committees. The Communications Working Group meets at 8 a.m. at Center School and the Policy Working Group meets at 6:30 p.m. at Center School.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.