Today is Monday, Feb. 11. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Wet: Some snow, sleet and freezing rain may fall to start the day on Monday before everything changes over to rain. The temperature will eventually rise into the low 40s.
2. Trash: Expect trash collection to happen as usual on Monday in Wenham. Neither the town of Wenham nor Hiltz Waste Disposal have announced that pickup has been delayed, so have your trash, recycling and organics out by 7 a.m.
3. Storm: After seeing some of the damage and power outages in some areas of the South Shore, we should feel lucky on Monday. Gov. Patrick has plans to visit both Marshfield and Scituate on Monday morning to meet with local officials and tour the damaged areas. Here in the two towns, fewer than 50 homes lost power through the storm, according to National Grid.
4. Mail: Mail delivery will resume on Monday and all three post offices in Hamilton, South Hamilton and Wenham are all scheduled to reopen. There was no delivery on Saturday because of the storm. Make sure your mailbox is cleared out and there is a clean path to your mailbox for the mail carrier.
5. Chairmen: The chairmen of committees in both towns will meet on Monday afternoon to discuss the budget as Town Meeting (earlier this year) in April nears. The meeting includes the chairmen of both Boards of Selectmen and Finance Advisory Committees plus the School Committee.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.