Today is Thursday, Dec. 6. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Early Winter: Thursday’s weather is looking like it will end up as a pretty typical early winter day – temperatures in the high 30s and close to 40 with sunny skies. Winds could really gust in the morning but should subside later on.
2. Christmas in the Village: Thursday night marks the third annual “Christmas in the Village” in downtown Hamilton. The events runs 5-9 p.m. and will include music and food, plus specials at many of the local shops. The event, put on by the Hamilton-Wenham Village Merchants Association, will also include caroling and raffles. And, of course, St. Nick will be there.
3. History Fair: Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School hosts its annual History Fair on Thursday night, an event that has been the first stop for several projects in past years that have gone on to success in the National History Day competition. The fair is open to the public from 4-7 p.m. where the student’s research and projects will be on display.
4. Dr. John S. Mutterperl: Based on the turnout at his funeral on Tuesday, Dr. John S. Mutterperl was adored by many, many people. There was a tremendous amount of people at the First Church in Wenham on Tuesday all paying their respects to Mutterperl, an ob/gym that had lived in Wenham since 1968.
5. School Committee: The Hamilton-Wenham Regional School Committee meets on Thursday at 7 p.m. at Buker Elementary School with a very full agenda that includes a presentation of the results of the fiscal 2012 budget and the audit. The committee will also look at this year’s budget and take a look forward at budget numbers, based on level services for fiscal 2014.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.