Today is Friday, Dec. 28. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Sun: The sun is expected to return to the sky on Friday, with the forecast calling for high temperatures in the mid-30s and wind gusts up to 30 miles per hour.
2. Trash: Another reminder – trash pickup is delayed by a day all week. That means Friday morning pickup will be for residents that typically get pickup on Thursday in Hamilton. It is a “blue bag week,” so there will not be any collection of the black trash barrels, only recycling, organics and any paid blue bags.
3. Gas: The least expensive gallon of gas in the two towns is $3.37 at G & M Motors at Asbury and Highland streets. It is $3.39 at Hamilton Convenience and Oliver Gulf in downtown Hamilton and $3.59 at Fallon’s Auto.
4. Drunken Driving: Mothers Against Drunk Driving and State Police will join up on Friday for a press conference to address drunken driving on Friday in advance of the New Year’s holiday. The two groups will publicize the “Drive Sober or get Pulled Over” campaign that is underway and will run through New Year’s Day.
5. Holiday Decorations: Patch is giving away $100,000 to one school district nationwide to the community with the home with the best holiday decorations. Here on the North Shore one of our neighbors, Danvers, has one of the 24 national finalists. If you want to support a North Shore neighbor, they need as many votes as possible to be the national winner.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.