Today is Thursday, Dec. 20. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Brightness returns: The forecast on Thursday is calling for a sunny day with a high temperature of about 40 degrees.
2. Museum coupon: Wenham Museum offered up some great coupons to its e-mail subscribers this holiday season and those coupons expire on Thursday. The coupons offered $10 off a $50 purchase, $20 off a $100 purchase and $40 off a $200 purchase in the museum store.
3. Toy Drive: State Senator Bruce Tarr’s 16th annual North Shore Holiday Toy Drive wraps up on Thursday. Tarr, who represents Hamilton and Wenham, is collecting toys at Wenham Museum in the two towns, plus nearby in Beverly at Blueberry Hill Health Care and Marblehead Bank, Coco Key Water Park and NMTW Credit Union in Danvers, First National Bank of Ipswich in Essex and Cape Ann Savings Bank in Manchester-by-the-Sea. Thursday is the final day to drop off a toy.
4. Unemployment: The state unemployment rate for November will be announced by the state Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development. Data about the labor force and jobs estimates will also be released.
5. School Committee: The Hamilton-Wenham Regional School Committee meets at 7 p.m. on Thursday at Buker Elementary School, where it has on its agenda a continued review of the fiscal 2014 budget, including the budget for the secondary schools, athletics, maintenance and fringe benefits.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.