Today is Wednesday, Dec. 19. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Maybe Sun: There’s the possibility that sun will return on Wednesday. The forecast calls for the day to start out with some precipitation but later give way to partly sunny skies with temperatures well into the 40s with gusty winds.
2. Christmas Party: The Hamilton Council on Aging always has an “open house” on Wednesday at its headquarters at The Meetinghouse/Old Library, but on Wednesday it will be a Christmas party. It runs 10 a.m. to noon.
3. Leaves: The roadside collection of leaves has ended for the season in Wenham. It was scheduled to finish up last Friday and the second round of collection through town actually ended ahead of schedule. There was not much to pick up on the second round, according to the DPW.
4. Farmers Market: The colder fall weather has not stopped some local farmers markets, including in Beverly, Newburyport and Salem. Beverly’s fall market has been happening on Wednesdays and this week is the final market, at the Cove Community Center at 19 East Corning St., from 3-7 p.m. There’s everything from meat and cheese to scones and cookies on sale.
5. Fin Comms: The Finance Advisory Committees in both Hamilton and Wenham plan to meet on Wednesday as the budget season kicks into high gear. Remember, the Annual Town Meeting will happen about a month earlier than usual in 2013. The Hamilton FinComm meets at 7:30 a.m. at Hamilton Town Hall and the Wenham FinComm meets with the Board of Selectmen at 6:30 p.m. at Wenham Town Hall to go over various portions of the fiscal 2014 budgets, including a department-by-department review of Planning and Permitting, Board of Health and the Town Clerk, among others.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.