Today is Tuesday, Dec. 11. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Clearing: Tuesday is forecasted to start out a little rainy, but by day’s end the sky is expected to begin to clear. Temperatures will be in the 40s.
2. ‘On the Edge’: A film detailing life growing up with epilepsy by a Hamilton filmmaker debuts at Pingree School on Tuesday night. The movie, titled “On the Edge,” is by Louis Stanislaw and told through his experiences as well as others with epilepsy. It starts at 7:30 p.m. and is free and open to the public. Stanislaw will attend the showing, where he will introduce it and be available for questions afterward.
3. Gas: The least expensive gallon of gas for sale in the town towns on Monday was at G & M Motors for $3.37 per gallon for regular. At Hamilton Convenience and Oliver Gulf – across the street from each other on Route 1A – prices are matched at $3.39. Fallon's was selling it for $3.79.
4. Celebrity Bartenders: There will be a “surprise” bartender who is being billed as a “celebrity” working the bar at 15 Walnut on Tuesday night as a fundraiser for the Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School Generals girls’ basketball team. It runs from 7-10 p.m. and there will also be a silent auction that will include Celtics and Red Sox tickets.
5. Hanukkah: The Lappin Foundation brings a Hanukkah celebration to Hamilton-Wenham Library on Tuesday from 4-5 p.m. The event, which is free and open to the public, will include stories and songs for all ages.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.