Wenham Day is Saturday in the center of town in Wenham. The event runs 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. with a variety of activities for all ages. Here are 10 things to know before you head out to the festivities.
1. Weather: . The forecast is calling for a cloudy day with a chance of showers with temperatures near 80.
2. Schedule: 10:30–11:15 a.m. Dedication of Adeline Cole Memorial at Wenham Tea House
11 a.m.–3 p.m. Lunch barbecue at
11:15–11:45 a.m. Children’s Sing Along at
11:30 a.m.– 1:30 p.m. Organ Concert at
11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. Claflin-Richards House Tours
3. Free Fun: Wenham Museum admission is free all day, children’s activities at Wenham Museum, fire safety house at Wenham Fire Department and lawn yard sale at Wenham Tea House.
4. Sponsors: Hamilton-Wenham Patch, , , The Green Egg, and .
5. Parking: Parking will be allowed on one-side of Main Street (northbound) and at the car barn lot across from First Church of Wenham on Arbor and Main streets. Parking will also be available along section of Arbor and Monument streets.
6. Lunch: The Wenham Fire Department will provide a barbecue beginning at 11 a.m. Chief Bob Blanchard said the department will be serving hot dogs, hamburgers, sausages, corn on the cob, watermelon and drinks. Food will will be available a la carte or with meal prices, which wil be announced.
7. Dolls: Wenham Museum is encouraging people to bring their best-loved dolls to the doll clinic, where the museum’s expert wil provide advice abour caring for your doll and storing it.
8. Adeline Cole: who was a founder of Wenham Museum and Wenham Tea House, among many other accomplishments in her life. She died in 1959, will be honored with a plaque that will be unveiled at the Tea House at 10:30 a.m.
9. Artisans: About 50 artisans will be selling a items ranging from jewelry and paintings and quilts and pottery on the lawn outside Wenham Museum and .
10. Official Event Name: Wenham Family Festival and Craft Fair.