Small Business Saturday is on Nov. 24 this year, two days after Thanksgiving. It is a day for everyone to support the small businesses that their community thrives on.
American Express founded the day in 2010 to help small businesses get exposure during the holiday season, when they might be otherwise overlooked. With retailers buzzing around the holidays, it is important to support local small businesses that rely on their neighbors in order to continue prospering and building the local economy in Hamilton and Wenham.
Last year, 100 million people nationwide participated in Small Business Saturday by shopping at locally owned stores to help boost the economy and their communities.
Here is a sampling of some of the stores in the two towns that are participating in Small Business Saturday:
- Blue Peacock, 264 Bay Road, Hamilton
- G&M Motors, 203 Highland St., Hamilton
- Mike's Auto Repair, 17 Bay Road, Hamilton
- Hamilton House of Pizza, 40 Railroad Ave., Hamilton
- Weathervane Tavern, 85 Railroad Ave., Hamilton
- Carparts of South Hamilton, 20 Railroad Ave., Hamilton
- Jumbo House, 30 Railroad Ave., Hamilton
- K. Marshall Design, 300 Main St., Wenham
- Nazir's Fine Jewlers, 135 Main St., Wenham
- Irresistables, 4 Monument St.
Click here for a full list of participating TK businesses and directions to their shops.
You can also “like” Small Business Saturday on Facebook by visiting www.facebook.com/shopsmall.
Everyone has locally owned businesses in their community, and shopping on Small Business Saturday is the perfect way to give back to the businesses you know and love in your community.
TELL US: What small businesses do you patronize in your town and what makes them great? Share in the comments below.