It is Tuesday, Sept. 17. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Beautiful: The forecast for Tuesday makes it sounds like it will be a beautiful day. Overnight temperatures will mean the morning will be cool, but temperatures will get into the low 60s with sunny skies.
2. Scouts: If you missed it last week, Boy Scout sign-ups happen again on Tuesday night at 6:30 p.m. at Hamilton-Wenham Library.
3. Hospice: If you have considered being a volunteer for the Hospice of the North Shore and Greater Boston, there is a volunteer training session on Tuesday to help you get going. The training is at 6 p.m. at the Hospice offices at 75 Sylvan St., Suite B-102 in Danvers. Some of the volunteer opportunities include holding hands, reading a book, sharing memories, welcoming visitors at the Kaplan Family Hospice House and providing office assistance.
4. Social Media: If you are involved with a nonprofit group that is looking to make better use of social media to get out the word, there’s a training session for you on Tuesday. J. Campbell Social Marketing is hosting the session at 9 a.m. at Essex County Community Foundation, 175 Andover St. in Danvers. The cost is $35.
5. Willow Street: The plan to build a new mixed use building along Willow Street in Hamilton on the former Hansbury property will go before the Planning Board again when it meets on Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. at Hamilton Town Hall. The board is also planned to hear a presentation about the planned capping of the landfill on Chebacco Road.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.