1. Repeat: Thursday will be nearly a repeat of Wednesday, weatherwise, with partly sunny skies and a high temperature in the low 60s. There will be a light east wind.
2. Auction: Bidding opens on Thursday for the online auction by Project Adventure. The program, headquartered at Moraine Farm in North Beverly, is a non-profit focused on team building and adventure education. It started at Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School about 40 years ago. Auction items range from Disney on Ice tickets to a full-body massage. The auction can be found at www.biddingforgood.com/pa40.
3. Local Boys: You will be able to hear some of the stories of local boys during the Civil War during a program Thursday at Hamilton-Wenham Library. The stories will be told be Scott Jewell, a historian, author and teacher that uses primary source materials as the basis for his stories. It starts at 7 p.m.
4. Open House: If you are looking at your childcare options, one of the possibilities in Next Generation Children’s Center. On Thursday, the center will be holding an open house all day from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Next Generation offers programs for infants through children in kindergarten. You are asked to RSVP at RSVP at 978-202-4100 or Beverly@ngccenters.com.
5. Signs: The Planning Board and Historic District Commission in Wenham will meet together on Thursday night to hold a work session that will look at changes to the town’s sign ordinance. The meeting starts at 7:30 p.m. at Wenham Town Hall.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.