It is Thursday, Sept. 19. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Beautiful: Another beautiful September day is in store for Thursday, with sunny skies forecasted along with temperatures in the 70s with a light south wind. It seems it will be another one of those perfect days that makes living in New England so delightful.
2. Museum: Wenham Museum has its annual meeting on Thursday night at 6:30 p.m. in Burnham Hall at the museum, where the American Alliance of Museums has a “special announcement” planned. The event will also include an induction of trustees and a look ahead at 2014 for the museum.
3. Chamber: The newly renamed Greater Beverly Chamber of Commerce has its Fall Gala at Doubletree by Hilton in Danvers, where someone will go home $10,000 richer. The organization has added “Greater” to its title to recognize growing membership from several surrounding communities, including several from Hamilton and Wenham. The raffle has just 200 tickets selling for $125 each with $10,000 as the top prize, but everyone who bought a ticket will win something, including Bruins tickets, restaurant gift certificates, scratch tickets and Sam Adams beer. Dinner tickets are $50 each. The event begins at 5 p.m. and the game winners will be drawn at 6 p.m.
4. Grant: Thursday marks the deadline to apply for a Growing Communities grant from the Citizens Bank Foundation. Up to $150,000 in grants will be awarded, ranging from $15,000 to $50,000, for projects “that contribute to the resiliency of neighborhoods by fostering economic growth.” The foundation, affiliated with Citizens Bank – which has a branch in Stop and Shop just over the Wenham town line in North Beverly – has funded things such as façade beautification, park clean-ups and public art.
5. School Committee: The Hamilton-Wenham Regional School Committee has a regular meeting on Thursday at 7 p.m. in the multipurpose room at Buker Elementary School. The Committee is scheduled to approve hiring a new Assistant Superintendent of Administration and Finance and take a look at pay rates for cafeteria workers and teacher assistants.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.