It is Thursday, Dec. 5. Here are five things you need to
know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Showers: There’s a chance of rain showers all day under mostly cloudy skies with temperatures getting to about 50 degrees. The wind will blow from the southwest at 6-11 miles per hour.
2. Sip and Shop: Wenham Tea House will host its annual Sip and Shop event on Thursday night, with food from Henry's Market and a dozen local vendors, which includes free gift wrapping for all purchases. It runs 6:30-9:30 p.m. and includes a cash bar. Irresistibles and the Tea House gift shop will also be open and holiday music will be playing.
3. Welcome: A Wenham business, Private Home Health Care at 225 Main St., will be welcomed into the Greater Beverly Chamber of Commerce on Thursday evening with an event at its offices. Located in Suite 12 in the complex, the event will include food, drinks and door prizes from 4:30-6 p.m.
4. Pizza: Marblehead Bank at the Cummings Center in Beverly will be giving out free lunch for who stops by on Thursday between 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. to check out the bank at Suite 101F in building 100. Anyone who also opens an “Absolutely Free Checking” account gets a pizza stone set.
5. School Committee: The Hamilton-Wenham Regional School Committee will start to take a look at the fiscal 2015 budget when it meets on Thursday night in the multi-purpose room at Buker Elementary School. The committee is scheduled to get a presentation on the preliminary fiscal 2015 budget, among other items on its agenda.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.