It is Tuesday, Dec. 3. Here are five things you need to know
in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. 40s: The high temperature is expected to get into the mid-40s – a bit warmer than the past few days – on Tuesday, with partly sunny skies. There is a chance of some fog early and then a light north wind through the day.
2. Casino: The state Gaming Commission meets on Tuesday to consider the future of the casino plans for the project closest to Hamilton and Wenham – a plan for a casino on the Revere side of Suffolk Downs. The commission will decide whether a vote taken last month in Revere to support a casino at Suffolk Downs in both Revere and East Boston means it also backed a smaller project on just the Revere side.
3. Mrs. Green: Tuesday marks the end of Mrs. Green’s programs at Green Meadows Farm for the fall. There is a craft time at both 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. and children age 0-10 take natural and recycled items that have been gathered and create a craft to take home. It is free, open to the public and does not require pre-registration.
4. Wind turbines: The Climate Change in New England Lecture Series continues on Tuesday with a focus on wind power. The presentation, titled "A Piece of the Carbon Mitigation Puzzle: America's Offshore Wind Energy Opportunity," includes Fara Courtney, Executive Director of the US Offshore Wind Collaborative, talking about the possibility of using wind off the North Shore coast to produce energy. The program starts at 7:30 p.m. at the National Park Service Visitors Center in Salem.
5. Tarr: State Senator Bruce Tarr, (R-Gloucester), who represents Hamilton and Wenham on Beacon Hill in the State Senate, will be in Wenham on Tuesday for office hours. Tarr will be at the Wenham Senior Center from noon-2 p.m. Anyone with problems or questions are encouraged to stop by.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.