It is Tuesday, Oct. 1. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Perfect: The great weather from September extends into October on Tuesday, with a forecast for temperatures in the 70s and sunny skies.
2. Tarr: State Sen. Bruce Tarr, R-Gloucester, will be in Hamilton on Tuesday for office hours. Tarr, the Senate minority leader, represents both Hamilton and Wenham in the state Senate. The office hours are from 9-11 a.m. at the Hamilton Senior Center (old library) on Bay Road.
3. Fair: If you plan to order discount Topsfield Fair tickets by phone or online, Tuesday is the final day to do it. The deadline is noon to make the phone and online order for the $9 tickets, at a discount from the $11 weekday and $15 holiday and weekend rate. A three-day pass is also available for $25 and an 11-ride ticket is available for $22.
4. Social Security: If you have questions about Social Security, you’ll be able to get answers on Tuesday 5:45-7:45 p.m. at the Community House of Hamilton-Wenham. The presentation, Understanding Social Security sponsored by Protective Life, will be put on by Matt Schroeder and Tom Burger of The Hamilton Group. To RSVP, call 978-279-9100 or e-mail to email@example.com.
5. Selectmen: The Wenham Board of Selectmen meet on Tuesday night at 7 p.m. at Wenham Town Hall. The board is slated to look ahead toward the fall Special Town Meeting in November, working on the draft warrant for the meeting.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.