It is Friday, Aug. 16. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Sun: It will be another great late summer day on Friday, with sunny skies and temperatures getting up to the low 80s. There will be a light southwest wind.
2. Sue: The search for Sue wraps up on Friday. All summer, children age 12 and under in the two towns have been looking for Sue, a T-Rex, as she changes location each week. Children have put their names in a raffle at Hamilton-Wenham Library and at the end of each week a winner is chosen from correct entries. Her adventures comes to an end on Friday.
3. Lobster: Buy a lobster roll for $8 on Friday at Landmark at Oceanview in Beverly, all to benefit the Alzheimer's Association. The lunch event runs from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Tour will also be offered of the facility’s independent living and assisted living units, plus the penthouse deck, with a view of Beverly Harbor, will be open as a spot to eat the lobster rolls.
4. Free Fun: Friday during the summer means Free Fun Friday, sponsored by Highland Street Foundation. This week, free admission is offered to the Institute of Contemporary Art and U.S.S. Constitution Museum, both in Boston, plus Concord Museum in Concord. There are also two venues participating in the western part of the state and one on Cape Cod.
5. Audit: The Wenham Audit Committee meets on Friday morning to hear about the process and timeline of fiscal 2013 audit of the town finances by auditor Jim Powers. The Committee meets at 7:30 a.m. in the Selectmen’s Room at Wenham Town Hall.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.