It is Thursday, Jan. 23. Here are five things you need to
know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Cold: The very cold weather will stick around on Thursday, with a high temperature in the teens for the day. The west wind will blow at about 10 miles per hour, pushing the wind chill as low as -9 degrees.
2. Open House: Christ Church Parish Day School is hosting its winter open house on Thursday. The school is taking registrations for the 2014-15 school year. The open house, from 9:30-11 a.m., will include a visit with current board members, a tour and a chance to talk with the director.
3. Photo: The winners of this year’s Essex National Heritage Area photo contest will be honored on Thursday night. The reception starts at 6 p.m. at the new gallery at Hunt’s Photo & Video in Melrose but then the 14 winning photos will be on display for a year at the National Park Service Visitor Center in Salem for a year.
4. Businesses: Nominations are open through Saturday for the Greater Beverly Chamber of Commerce’s Annual Business Awards. Last year, the Beverly Chamber expanded by adding “Greater” to its name and including Danvers, Hamilton and Wenham. Business in all those towns are eligible for the awards, which are designed to show the “business talent and the entrepreneurial spirit that exists within our business community.” The awards will be handed out on Feb. 27.
5. School Choice: The Hamilton-Wenham Regional School Committee will hear from the public during two public hearings on Thursday night – one about school choice and one about the proposed fiscal 2015 budget. The school choice hearing starts at 6:30 p.m. and the hearing about the 2015 budget starts at 8:45 p.m., both in the multipurpose room at Buker Elementary School in Wenham. The School Committee will also be holding a regular meeting starting at 7 p.m.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.