It is Thursday, Dec. 12. Here are five things you need to
know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Cold: The sun is forecasted to fill the sky on Thursday, but it will be cold. The high temperature is expected to be in the upper 20s with a northwest wind at 9-18 miles per hour. Windchill temperatures will get as low as 16 degrees during the day.
2. History Fair: The success of Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School students at the upper levels of the history fair competitions is well known. This year's history fair will be held at the school on Thursday night from 4-7 p.m. This year’s theme is Rights and Responsibilities in History and presentations will include live performances, documentaries, websites and displays. It is free and open to all.
3. Toy Drive: North Shore 104.9 and state Senator Bruce Tarr (R-Gloucester), who represents Hamilton and Wenham, team up again on Thursday for an all-day live broadcast for the North Shore Holiday Toy Drive. In its 18th year, the broadcast runs from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Collected toys will go to local agencies, including Toys for Tots, Beverly Bootstraps and Action Inc. Live broadcast locations will include Dawson’s True Value Hardware on Enon Street in North Beverly, Manchester Athletic Club on Atwater Avenue in Manchester-by-the-Sea, First Ipswich Bank in Ipswich and Woodman's of Essex.
4. Cookie Swap: Thursday is the final day to sign up for Sunday’s first-ever North Shore Cookie Swamp at Wicked Art Bar in Beverly. The event is being put together by Dinner Dealer. Participation is free and everyone who takes part will be asked to bring six dozen cookies, which they can then swap with other attendees in batches of six cookies. That will leave everyone with a wide variety of Christmas cookies to serve at holiday gatherings. One dozen of each participant's cookies will also be donated to The River House in Beverly. The event will run from 4-6 p.m. To sign up, go online to www.dinnerdealer.com/cookie.
5. Planning Board: The Wenham Planning Board meets on Thursday night at 7:30 p.m. at Wenham Town Hall where the board will look at revisions for the town's sign bylaw and take the first look at a possible subdivision of 79 Dodges Row.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.