It is Thursday, Nov. 14. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Warmer: After a day spent almost in the 30, it is expected to be quite a bit warmer on Thursday. The high temperature will be close to 50 degrees under sunny skies and a wind blowing from the west at 10-18 miles per hour.
2. Village: Local residents are invited to become part of a meeting on Thursday night at Hamilton-Wenham Library to take a look at the future of the Hamilton-Wenham Village. The session will run from 6-8 p.m. and is open to the public, where they will be encouraged to become involved with leaders from the towns of Hamilton and Wenham plus the Hamilton Development Corp. to come up with a “draft a vision for the future of the village.”
3. Jobs: November is "Hire a Veteran" month in Massachusetts, and on Thursday there will be a job fair for veterans at Peabody Institute Library in Danvers. North Shore Career Center is holding the career fair from 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. It is open to the general community as well. The library is located at 15 Sylvan St., behind Town Hall just outside Danvers Square.
4. Pops: Thursday is the first day to buy tickets to the Boston Pops holiday concert this season. The tickets are available online or by phone at 617-266-1200. The concerts run from Dec. 4-24 and all include the traditional Pops sing-a-long and a visit from Santa Claus.
5. Sip and Shop: The Community House of Hamilton and Wenham hosts a “Sip and Shop” event on Thursday evening. Appetizers and a cash bar will be available as guests can shop at more than 20 local retailers, ranging from Origami Owl to Premier Jewelry. It runs from 7-9 p.m.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.