It is Tuesday, Sept. 3. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Muggy: Tuesday should be the last day that the incredibly humid air will be around, with temperatures in the 70s for most of the day. The sun should poke through on and off, after a foggy start and an afternoon chance of a shower or thunderstorm.
2. Trash: Trash pickup on Tuesday is for Wenham residents who typically get pickup on Monday, and trash pickup will continue to be delayed for the rest of the week because of the Labor Day holiday on Monday. Pickup will start in Hamilton on Thursday and run through Saturday.
3. Willow Street: A new development planned for Willow Street will go before the Hamilton Planning Board of Tuesday night for a special permit. The three-story, mixed used building is planned for the property at 227 Willow St., which is half of the former Hansbury property between Willowdale office building and Dodge Street Co.
4. School: Students return to classes on Tuesday after a four day weekend for the Labor Day holiday.
5. Selectmen: The Wenham Board of Selectmen meet on Tuesday night at 7 p.m. at Wenham Town Hall, where the board is scheduled to give Town Administrator Mark Andrews his review and vote on a gift policy, among other business.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.