It is Thursday, Jan. 16. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Clouds: Thursday will start out foggy with a chance of showers later with clouds forecasted to stick around all day. The high temperature will be around 40 degrees with a light north wind.
2. Women in Business: The North Shore Women in Business group will be meeting Thursday morning at 7 a.m. at Danversport Yacht Club where Chris Vasiliades, a certified wellness coach, will present “Mindfulness At Work.” Vasiliades will talk to the group about how to use focus and concentration to operate effectively and with less stress. For more information or reservations RSVP to email@example.com or call 781-484-6368. Members are $26 and non-members are $39.
3. Music Man: Brian Doser, the Music Man, performs on Thursday at 10 a.m. at the Community House of Hamilton-Wenham – just as he has twice a week for many years. His sings family-friendly songs for the little ones and the cost is $5 per family.
4. Homeschool: The Natural Living and Learning Center is opening its doors for free to local homeschool students this week, including a drop-in play session on Thursday from 11 a.m.-2 p.m. It is located inside Beverly Athletic Center on Reservoir Road, off Sohier Road between Beverly High School and Route 128.
5. School Committee: The Hamilton-Wenham Regional School Committee meets on Thursday night at 7 p.m. in the multipurpose room at Buker Elementary School. A public hearing about school choice was scheduled for Thursday night, but it was bumped back to next week. At its meeting, the committee is slated to have discussions about the fiscal 2014 budget surplus with town officials .
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.