It is Wednesday, Aug. 21. Here are five things you need to
know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Hot: The hottest day in a month is likely in store on Wednesday, with the possibility for temperatures to get to 90 degrees. The sun will be out for most of the day.
2. Discount: Ocean State Job Lot, which a location on Endicott Street just off Route 128 in Danvers, has been offering a discount to teachers in recent weeks on school and classroom supplies. That discount period comes to an end on Wednesday.
3. Sandlot: The past few years have brought all sorts of new events to Fenway Park – from Rolling Stones and Jimmy Buffet concerts to hockey and soccer games. Tonight is another first – a movie showing. “The Sandlot” will be shown in the park on Wednesday night.
4. Peace Corps: The open house at the Hamilton Senior Center on Wednesday morning will include a presentation about a Peace Corps trip to Mongolia. The open house happens at the center – in the “old library” in front of the public safety building – each Wednesday from 10 a.m. to noon.
5. Mosquitoes: The Hamilton Board of Health meets on Wednesday night at 7 p.m. upstairs at Hamilton Town Hall. The board, among other business, will get an update about mosquitoes in town.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.