It is Thursday, Sept. 5. Here are five things you need to
know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Cooler: Thursday will deliver some cooler temperature, with the high temperature not expected to get above 70 degrees. There’s a chance of a morning shower and then clouds and sun will be mixed in the sky for the rest of the day.
2. HDC: The Hamilton Development Corp. continues to look at options to help downtown Hamilton grow and will meet first thing Thursday morning at 7:30 a.m. at Hamilton Town Hall. The group will look at septic upgrade options and possible options to purchase property.
3. Essex Heritage: The Essex National Heritage Area encompasses all of the county, including Hamilton and Wenham, and is designed to promote the area’s history. The group’s annual fall meeting will be held on Thursday morning from 8-10 a.m. at the Cape Ann Museum in Gloucester.
4. Music Man: ‘Music Man’ Brian Doser continues will his concerts twice a week at the Community House of Hamilton-Wenham in Hamilton on Mondays and Thursdays. Doser was off on Monday this week, but has a show at 10 a.m. on Thursday this week, and every week.
5. School Committee: The Hamilton-Wenham Regional School Committee meets at 7 p.m. on Thursday in the multipurpose room at Buker Elementary School, where the committee will recognize teachers that have been with the district for 25 years, among other items.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.