It is Friday, Oct. 11. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Clouds: Friday will be a cloudy day after a rainy start. The temperature will get into the mid-60s with a northeast wind up to 10 miles per hour.
2. Subs: If you want to order a sub or wrap sandwich for dinner next Wednesday as part of the Winthrop Elementary School fifth grade fundraiser, you’ll have to get your order in on Friday. Sandwich choices include ham, turkey, roast beef and peanut butter and jelly, plus you’ll get an apple, a bottle of water, a treat and bag of chips for $7. Meal pickup starts at 5 p.m. on Wednesday in the driveway in front of the school. The order form is attached to the story as a PDF.
3. Bowling: National Family Bowling Day is Saturday. While we have not heard about any special deals or events planned locally, it is a great reminder what fun bowling can be. Locally, some of the options include Bowl-O-Mat in Beverly, Andy’s Sunnyside Bowladrome in Danvers, MetroBowl in Peabody and Cape Ann Lanes in Gloucester.
4. Sports: There’s a lot of excitement about this weekend’s Boston pro sports team's games – including game 1 and 2 of the American League Championship Series for the Red Sox and a key matchup with the Saints at home on Sunday evening for the Patriots.
5. Grades:Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School students, and their parents, can expect to find updated grades in the new online Aspen system by Friday. It is one of the deadline through the semester when grades are expected to be updated in the system.