It is Monday, Aug. 20. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Sun: The skies will again be dominated by the sun on Tuesday, with temperatures in the 80s and a light northwest wind. The humidity is also expected to hold off until later in the day, so the air should remain comfortable.
2. Unemployment: State officials will announce Tuesday the latest unemployment rates for every city and town in the state, including both Hamilton and Wenham, for July.
3. Dog: Tessie the Dog returns to Hamilton-Wenham Library on Tuesday. Tessie is a trained therapy dog that loves to have children read to him. It is a great way to build confidence in beginning readers in kindergarten through third grade. Pre-registration is required. Sign up at the children’s desk. Tessie, who is a Labradoodle, will be at the library starting at 10:15 a.m.
4. Supper: Tuesday night’s Simple Suppers and Super Sides class at Eurostoves in North Beverly, just over the Wenham line on Route 1A, is “almost sold out.” The class will give participants “a solid menu foundation that you can expand to create fast and delicious meals to wow your family.” The cost is $75 per person or $150 for a couple and runs three hours starting at 6:30 p.m.
5. Selectmen: The Wenham Board of Selectmen meet on Tuesday night at 7 p.m. at Wenham Town Hall, where the boards has a lot in front of it. Among the topics the board is scheduled to address is to solicit public input on the town administrator evaluation process and address “newly emerging issues” regarding the sign policy.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.