It is Friday, Oct. 25. Here are five things you need to know
in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Clouds: There will be a mix of clouds and sun to start the day on Friday that is expected to become more cloudy over the course of the day, with temperatures into the low 50s. A northwest wind will blow up to 15 miles per hour.
2. Halloween: A Halloween-themed storytime and craft hour happens at Hamilton-Wenham Library on Saturday morning. It starts at 11 a.m. and is best for ages 2 and up to hear some stories and then create a craft to take home. It is free and no registration is necessary.
3. School Committee: Friday is the deadline for any candidates interested in filling an open seat on the Hamilton-Wenham Regional School Committee. Anyone who is interested in serving until next April, when they could run for the seat during the town election, is asked to contact committee Chairman Roger Kuebel at email@example.com.
4. CSA: The first fall share for the Moraine Farm CSA will become available on Friday. The farm, run by Trustees of the Reservations and located just over the Wenham town line in North Beverly, will offer a CSA share that is twice the size of the summer share.
5. Cake: Parents and their children can team up to bake a Halloween-themed cake at Eurostoves, in Commodore Plaza in North Beverly, on Saturday. The class, “Cake Boss-style,” is for children age 8-17 and their parents and starts at 10 a.m. on Saturday and runs three hours. It is $75 per person.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.