It is Tuesday, Dec. 17. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Snow: Tuesday will be a snowy day, with snow starting during the morning and lasting until the evening. A total of 2-5 inches of snow is expected in Hamilton and Wenham, with the temperature around 30 degrees and wind blowing at 6-10 miles per hour, dropping the wind chill close to zero.
2. Healthy Eating: Appleton Farms will help you come up with some healthy meal ideas on Tuesday. The session, from 6-8 p.m., is designed for people want to eat healthier without spending a lot of money. Participants will learn how to make “super healthy, simply delicious, easy meals” and get ideas for healthy substitutions and, of course, there will be sampling from the dishes that the group create. The cost is $40 for Trustees members and $45 for nonmembers.
3. Bo: Hamilton’s Bo Burnham, a singer and comedian who gained fame from YouTube videos shot in his Hamilton bedroom, releases a new comedy special on Tuesday. The one hour show will be available on YouTube on Tuesday, as well as iTunes and Netflix.
4. Teddy Bears: Tuesday is the final day to make a teddy bear donation at Re/Max offices on the North Shore. The new bears that are being collected are distributed to children in local shelters and social organizations. Some of the Re/Max locations taking part including the offices at 100 Cummings Center, Suite 104F in Beverly, 224 Washington St. in Gloucester, 515 Lowell St. in Peabody and 143 Washington St. in Salem.
5. Selectmen: The Wenham Board of Selectmen meet on Tuesday morning and are scheduled to have the Government Study Committee join them during the 7:30 a.m. meeting at Wenham Town Hall.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.