1. Clear: The sky will gradually clear through the day on Friday with another mild day. Temperatures are forecasted to get into the 70s again on Friday. There may be a foggy start to the day with the slight chance of a shower. There will be a west wind blowing up to 18 miles per hour.
2. Volleyball: The Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School volleyball team will thank its fans during its game on Friday night with a “thank you fans” night with pizza and raffle prizes for fans who wear blue and white or make a sign. The game versus Saugus starts at 5:15 p.m. at the high school.
3. Theater: The Larcom Theater is Beverly has been given a new life with an increasing number of shows being staged there in the past year. The 2013-14 season opens on Friday night at the theater, which is tucked away on Wallis Street, across from Bevelry City Hall. Frank & Malachy McCourt's "A Couple of Blaguards," a "a tale of laughter," opens on Friday night and runs until Oct. 17. Tickets are $39.
4. Leads: The North Shore Business Leads group meets on Friday morning at 8 a.m. in the boardroom at the North Shore Chamber of Commerce at 5 Cherry Hill Drive in Danvers. The group is limited to 40 people and allows participants to market your firm to numerous companies with a two-minute commercial and a chance to hand out cards and promotional materials.
5. Social: The Friends of Winthrop Elementary School hosts
its fall social on Friday night at Ipswich Country Club. The evening of "fun, food, cash bar, auction, raffles, and DJ" for adults will help raise money for enrichment programs at Winthrop. It starts at 7 p.m. and tickets are $35 at the door.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.