It is Wednesday, Jan. 15. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Sun: After a foggy start, the sky will eventually clear on Wednesday with the temperature getting into the mid-40s. There will be a light south wind.
2. Cinderella: Cinderella arrives on Wednesday afternoon at the Wenham Tea House for a children’s tea time. She will read a children's story and a “menu of treats” will be served. It starts at 3:30 p.m. and reservations are required by calling 978-468-1398. The cost is $30 per person.
3. Pan-Mass: Registration opens up on Wednesday for this summer’s Pan-Mass Challenge on Aug. 2-3, where more than 5,500 cyclists will ride across the state to raise at least $40 million for the Jimmy Fund. To register, go to www.pmc.org.
4. Obesity: The deadline to apply for a grant from the Greater Boston division of the American Heart Association is Wednesday for local non-profit community groups to get a share of $125,000 in grant money to go toward programs aimed at combatting childhood obesity and improving family health. Complete grant information is available online at http://www.heart.org/BostonCIG.
5. Garden Club: The Hamilton-Wenham Garden Club meets on Wednesday night atBuker Elementary School at 7 p.m. The meeting is open to guests at no charge and will include a workshop “designed to chase away any winter blues.”
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.