It is Friday, Jan. 24. Here are five things you need to know
in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Repeat: There’s not a whole lot different about the weather on Friday than we’ve seen all week. The high temperature will be in the teens with sunny skies. A west wind will blow up to 15 miles per hour, bringing the wind chill factor down to -10 degrees.
2. Snow Train: Sunday marks the final day of the year for the Snow Train to Bakersville at Wenham Museum. A look at the G-gauge miniature train traveling through a snow-covered village is included with museum admission.
3. 128 Venture North: The 128 Venture North breakfast meeting on Friday will help answer the question “Who's Investing, Why, and Where?” The breakfast, hosted by the Enterprise Center at Salem State University, runs from 7:30-10:30 a.m. and will include Richard Noyes and Cathy Mannick of Launchpad Venture Group and Ben Littauer of Boston Harbor Angels and Walnut Ventures, Inc.
4. Mikado: The Mikado takes the stage at Gordon College this weekend, with shows on Friday and Saturday night at 7 p.m. The college’s departments of music and theatre arts combine to put on the Gilbert and Sullivan's comic opera at the A.J. Gordon Chapel, featuring colorful costumes, elaborate sets and a full orchestra. Tickets are $15 for general admission, $12 for seniors, $8 for Gordon alumni, $5 for Gordon students, faculty and staff and $5 for children 12 and under.
5. Photography: The Hamilton-Wenham Recreation Department is holding a free seminar on Saturday that will help participants use their digital SLR camera. The session, for adults, runs from 10 a.m.-noon at the Hamilton Senior Center and will help participants use their camera’s basic functions and more advanced settings and help “break free from the automatic setting.”
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.