It is Friday, Sept. 13. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Relief: Mother Nature is expected to bring us some relief in the temperature department on Friday, with a high temperature in the mid-70s. The sky will be cloudy with a chance of rain and some wind gusts.
2. 13th: It is Friday the 13th, the first of two Friday the 13ths this year. The second one will take place in December. There is at least one each year. Superstition has long held Friday the 13th to be a day of bad luck.
3. Football: The Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School Generals take to the gridiron for the first regular season game this year on Saturday, facing Bishop Fenwick at home at 1 p.m.
4. Yard Sales: The events calendar on Hamilton-Wenham Patch is chock full of yard sales this weekend. It’s a great chance to pick up something that is “new to you” or grab that great find. We also offer an interactive map of yard sales on the North Shore if you’re up for a real adventure.
5. Dance: The start of the school year means dances are back. Seventh and eighth graders return to the Community House of Hamilton-Wenham on Friday night for a Back to School Dance. There will be a DJ, concessions, Xbox, Wii, pool table and foosball. Admission is $5 after pre-registration in the middle school program.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.