It is Friday, Sept. 6. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Sun: Friday will be a sunny day, albeit cool. The early morning low temperature will get down to about 50 degree and by early afternoon the temperature will get into the upper 60s, with a light south wind.
2. Football: While the fall sports season is underway for most sports, that’s not the case for the Generals football team. There’s no game this weekend and the team gets started with the first game of the season next weekend, Saturday, Sept. 14 at home versus Bishop Fenwick at 1 p.m.
3. Town Hall: Work continues on repairs at Hamilton Town Hall and on Friday that means that the handicapped ramp to get inside will be closed. The ramp is on the north side of the building, on the side closest to the post office. The ramp is expected to reopen on Monday.
4. Directory: The deadline is Friday for elementary school parents to submit data to be included in this year’s directory. The Friends of Buker, Cutler, and Winthrop elementary schools compile the directory each year, and information needs to be submitted each year even if you have been included previously.
5. Equalizer: Denzel Washington and the crew from “The Equalizer” were in Hamilton earlier this summer shooting scenes for the feature film. Friday is scheduled to be the final day of shooting, which has happened mostly in Boston and Haverhill. The film is scheduled to be released on Sept. 26, 2014.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.