It is Wednesday, Jan. 8. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Sun: The good news about the weather on Wednesday is that it is forecasted to again be a sunny day. The temperature, though, won’t get much higher than Tuesday, with a high temperature in the low 20s with winds blowing at 10 miles per hour with gusts to 30 mph. The wind chill factor will get as low as -6 degrees.
2. Movies: Mother’s have their monthly mom-friendly movie on Wednesday morning at Hollywood Hits in Danvers. This week’s movie has not been announced yet, but the special 10 a.m. showing includes lowered sound with baby talk welcome plus a changing table in the back of the theater and in the restroom, plus stroller access and storage.
3. Basketball: The Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School boys basketball team plays at home on Wednesday night, taking on Pentucket Regional High School. The freshman team plays at 3:30 p.m. at the Recreation Center, JV plays at the high school at 5 p.m. and varsity plays at 6:30 p.m. The girls teams are on the road at Pentucket.
4. 2014: The North Shore Chamber of Commerce will take a look ahead at 2014 at its Executive Breakfast on Wednesday morning. The event, titled "What's Ahead in 2014," will feature speakers Rob Lutts, President and CIO of Cabot Money Management and David Caruso, Founding Chairman and Managing Director of Coastal Capital Corporation. The breakfast will be at Danversport Yacht Club, with networking starting at 7:15 a.m. and the program from 8-9 a.m. It is $37 for Chamber members and $55 for non-members.
5. Skiing: Wednesday is the first day for the Community House’s Ski Bradford afterschool program. The program takes elementary and middle school students to Ski Bradford in Haverhill each week during the winter for an afternoon of skiing fun.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.