It is Tuesday, Oct. 29. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Sun: The sun is forecasted to dominate the sky on Tuesday but it won’t be all that warm. The high temperature is expected to be in the high 40s with a light north wind.
2. Ski and Board: If you had planned to sell some gear at Cutler Elementary School’s ski, board or skate sale this coming weekend, tonight’s one of your two chance to drop off your items. The drop-off window on Tuesday is 4-8 p.m. at Cutler school. The sale runs Saturday and Sunday at the school, with consignors getting 70 percent of the sale price.
3. Boo Bash: There’s plenty of business-based Halloween celebrations this week that give children a chance to enjoy the holiday before Halloween. One of those events is Tuesday evening at the North Shore Mall in Peabody with its Boo Bash. The free event for children in costumes will happen on the lower level of the Nordstrom wing with Halloween photos, arts and crafts, prizes, giveaways and a costume parade.
4. Trick-or-Treat: If you are a little worried about the possibility of rain on Halloween night, or maybe want a second shot at trick-or-treating, the businesses of downtown Beverly will be hosting their own trick-or-treat on Tuesday night from 4-6 p.m. Participating businesses along Cabot and Rantoul streets will have a special orange sign in the window.
5. Town Meeting: The public hearing about next week’s Special Town Meeting in Wenham had been originally scheduled for Tuesday night, but it has now been bumped back to Wednesday night. The Board of Selectmen are scheduled to start its meeting at 6:30 p.m. at Wenham Town Hall with the hearing, along with the Finance Advisory Committee, starting 7 p.m.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.