Invite a friend
Fresh Air Fund Day
Fresh Air Fund Day is March 20th 2013
This summer share the beauty of the Hamilton Wenham community with a deserving child: Volunteer for The Fresh Air Fund and host an inner-city child from New York City. You will join thousands of volunteer host families throughout 13 Northeastern states and Canada who open their hearts and homes to New York City children from low-income communities through The Fund’s Friendly Town program. The Friendly Town program allows youngsters from New York City to enjoy new experiences like riding a bike, swimming in a lake and making new friends.
“Hosting our Fresh Air child the past three summers has given my children the opportunity to appreciate the things they take for granted – activities like swimming and barbequing are novelties to our Fresh Air friend,” says one Fresh Air host parent. Imagine summertime without swimming in a pool, playing in the backyard or gazing at the stars. Since 1877, The Fresh Air Fund has provided more than 1.7 million inner-city children with the opportunity to enjoy these simple pleasures.
For more information on how you can make summer special for a Fresh Air child, contact Christine Cutter at email email@example.com 978 468 1442 or The Fresh Air Fund at (800) 367-0003. You can also learn more about the Friendly Town program by visiting The Fund’s website at www.freshair.org.
*This is not an actual event at the library but a day to be celebrated, informed and pass the word along about the Fresh Air Fund.
More About Hamilton-Wenham Library
The Hamilton-Wenham library, located right on the border between the towns, is the only two-town library in the state. It occupies a beautiful building at the corner of Union and Linden streets and offers thousands of books plus many of the features of a modern library, including DVDs, CDs and downloadable books. It also offers a full reference desk, a children's room and plenty of parking.
Other events here
- HW Library Spring Children's Program Schedule Now Available Daily, 9:00 am–8:00 pm
- Legomania April 24, 2013 / May 1, 2013 / May 8, 2013 / May 15, 2013 / May 22, 2013, 3:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Cribbage Weekly on Thursdays, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Mother’s Group: Infants Weekly on Mondays, 11:00 am–1:00 pm
- Monday Knitting Group Weekly on Mondays, 12:00 pm–2:30 pm
- Mother’s Group: Toddlers Weekly on Tuesdays, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Fun & Finances: The Cost of Today's Senior Living Thu, Jun 6, 6:00 pm–7:30 pm
- 411 on Senior Living Choices Thu, Jun 13, 6:00 pm–7:30 pm
- Aging-in-Place Thu, Jun 20, 6:00 pm–7:30 pm
- Monday Night Book Group Mon, Jun 24, 7:15 pm–8:30 pm