Invite a friend
Bats! by Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary
IRWS's Andrew Prazar presents an informative lecture on bats: "Bats, our only native flying mammal, often get a bad rap. Cultural myths would have you believe bats are evil, get tangled in your hair, or in extreme cases, turn into vampires. None of this could be further from the truth. Spend the evening getting to know more about these fascinating creatures and the unique adaptations they have developed for flying at night. We’ll discuss how they can be an excellent natural control on mosquito populations as well as their troubling decline in the eastern United States. You will also be able to test your bat skills with a fun game for all ages!" This program, unfortunately, does not include live bats. Join us in learning all about bats from a local authority on the subject. Free and open to the public, no registration required.
More About Hamilton-Wenham Library
The Hamilton-Wenham library, located right on the border between the towns, is the only two-town library in the state. It occupies a beautiful building at the corner of Union and Linden streets and offers thousands of books plus many of the features of a modern library, including DVDs, CDs and downloadable books. It also offers a full reference desk, a children's room and plenty of parking.
Other events here
- Marine Life Underwater Photography Today, May 21, 7:00 pm–8:00 pm
- HW Library Spring Children's Program Schedule Now Available Daily, 9:00 am–8:00 pm
- Legomania April 24, 2013 / May 1, 2013 / May 8, 2013 / May 15, 2013 / May 22, 2013, 3:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Cribbage Weekly on Thursdays, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Mother’s Group: Infants Weekly on Mondays, 11:00 am–1:00 pm
- Monday Knitting Group Weekly on Mondays, 12:00 pm–2:30 pm
- Mother’s Group: Toddlers Weekly on Tuesdays, 10:00 am–12:00 pm
- Fun & Finances: The Cost of Today's Senior Living Thu, Jun 6, 6:00 pm–7:30 pm
- 411 on Senior Living Choices Thu, Jun 13, 6:00 pm–7:30 pm
- Aging-in-Place Thu, Jun 20, 6:00 pm–7:30 pm