Five Things You Need to Know Today: Jan. 31
An essential get-me-going daily morning column from Hamilton-Wenham Patch.
Today is Tuesday, Jan. 31. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Snow: A light coating of snow is again expected on Tuesday morning. After the snow moves out, cloudy skies will remain with temperatures into the low 40s.
2. Senior Exemption: Tuesday at 4 p.m. is the deadline for Hamilton senior citizens who meets several conditions – including age and income – to apply in the second year of the senior tax exemption.
3. Abatement: If you are looking for an abatement on your real estate taxes this year, Tuesday is also the deadline to submit an application to the Board of Assessors in your town.
4. Places: Every business in Hamilton and Wenham has a listing in the “Places” section on Hamilton-Wenham Patch. It’s a great resource for local shoppers and also a great resource for every small business owner. And if business want to take control of their listing, just click “claim it” on the righthand side of your listing.
5. Wenham Selectmen: The Wenham Board of Selectmen meet on Tuesday night at 6:30 p.m. at Wenham Town Hall, when the board will review the warrant for Special Town Meeting on Feb. 15 and continue discussion about the fiscal 2013 budget.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.