Five Things You Need to Know Today: Dec. 30
An essential get-me-going daily morning column from Hamilton-Wenham Patch.
Today is Friday, Dec. 30. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Weather: Cloudy skies and warmer temperatures are in store on Friday. Temperatures are forecasted to get well into the 40s.
2. Trash: Don’t forget – trash collection continues to be delayed by a day this week and next week. So if your regular trash collection day is Friday, it will be picked up Saturday this week and next week. After Saturday, collection will resume next Tuesday in Wenham.
3. Refrigerator: Along with a new home for Acord Food Pantry came a new refrigerator. And the old refrigerator is free to a good home. The commercial size fridge is 83 inches tall, 52 inches wide and 33 inches deep and has double doors on the front. It needs to be moved from the rear of The Meetinghouse – formerly known as the old Hamilton Library. Contact Managing Director Deby Baker at email@example.com.
4. Library: A reminder that the Hamilton-Wenham Library will be closed all weekend, through Monday. It will close, as usual, on Friday at 5 p.m. and reopen on Tuesday at 10 a.m. Hamilton Town Hall and Wenham Town Hall will also be closed on Monday and there will be no mail delivery.
5. New Year’s: The one big New Year’s celebration in the two towns is a family-friendly event at Wenham Museum on Saturday with “Awesome Robb.” Midnight will actually come at noon for the kids, complete with a ginger ale toast. Preregistration is encouraged and the cost is $5 for members and $10 for nonmembers.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.