Five Things You Need to Know Today: April 9
An essential get-me-going daily morning column from Hamilton-Wenham Patch.
Today is Monday, April 9. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Gusty: You are likely to notice the gusty winds on Monday, with the forecast calling for west winds between 15 and 20 miles per hour with gusts up to 35 mph. The temperature will get into the upper 50s.
2. Trash Q & A: If you have any questions about the new trash program, plan on showing up at Hamilton-Wenham Library on Monday night. The drop-in session from 6:30-8 p.m. will be hosted by Gretel Clark in the local history room on the second floor.
3. Red Flag: The continued dry conditions are expected to continue on Monday and along with gusty winds will make conditions dangerous for burning. There is forecasted to be a “red flag warning,” Meaning that outside burning will likely not be allowed.
4. Black Barrels: This is the start of a “black barrel week” in Hamilton as part of the new trash program. While the barrels are picked up every week in Wenham on Mondays and Tuesdays, residents in Hamilton will be putting out their black barrels on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, in addition to their recycling and organics containers, which are collected weekly. Any trash that is not recyclable or compostable and does not fit in the black bin needs to be in a green bag in Wenham and blue bag in Hamilton.
5. Hamilton Selectmen: The Hamilton Board of Selectmen meet an hour earlier on Monday evening to go over the Annual Town Meeting warrant. The meeting starts at 6 p.m. at Hamilton Town Hall.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.