Five Things to Know Today in Hamilton and Wenham: Sept. 20
An essential get-me-going daily morning column from Hamilton-Wenham Patch.
Today is Wednesday, Sept. 20. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Book Sale: Thursday is the final day for the Friends of Hamilton-Wenham Library’s book sale. It is open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the library.
2. Senior Basketball: It is the final day to register for Senior Basketball on Thursday. The league, for players age 35 and up, is taking registrations online at HWSBL.org for the 2012-12 year.
3. Recreation: The Master Plan for the Hamilton-Wenham Recreation Department and recreation facilities and offerings will be unveiled in a public presentation on Thursday evening. The plan will be presented at 7 p.m. in the Recreation Center gym next to Hamilton-Wenham Library.
4. McDonalds: School is back in session and McDonalds is looking to get some students on board as employees. All McDonalds restaurants across New England are holding the hiring event on Thursday afternoon from 3-5 p.m. when, combined, they hope to hire 1,800 workers. It includes the North Beverly location on Route 1A, just over the Wenham town line.
5. Jonathan Blodgett: Essex District Attorney Jonathan Blodgett is hosting his annual Policymakers' Breakfast on Thursday morning at CoCo Key Hotel in Danvers. Blodgett said Melodee Hanes, Acting Administrator of the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention; Michael Gottlieb, National Director of the High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Program and Staca Shehan, Director of Case Analysis at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children will all address a crowd made up of school superintendents, police chiefs, mayors, town managers and state legislators from across the county.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.