Five Things to Know Today in Hamilton and Wenham: Aug. 21
An essential get-me-going daily morning column from Hamilton-Wenham Patch.
Today is Tuesday, Aug. 21. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Even Nicer: Tuesday is forecasted to be a sunny day, with temperatures expected to get a bit higher than Monday and into the 80s. As icing on the cake, the humidity will be low.
2. Gas: The least expensive gas in the two towns on Monday was at G & M Motors, where a gallon of regular was selling for $3.69 per gallon. A gallon was $3.75 at Oliver Gulf and Hamilton Convenience and $3.89 at Fallon’s Auto.
3. Pets: Have a cute dog or cat? Or do you like to look at cute pets? Tuesday is the final day to enter and vote in Hamilton-Wenham Patch’s Pet contest. Upload a photo to enter or click through the photos and vote in the comments section. Voting closes on Tuesday at noon and the winner of a $50 gift card will be announced on Wednesday.
4. Unemployment: The state unemployment rate went up from 6.0 to 6.1 percent in July and on Tuesday we’ll hear from the state Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development, which will announce the unemployment rate from both Hamilton and Wenham, as well as each and every city and town in the state.
5. Pingree School: The Hamilton Planning Board meets on Tuesday night at 7:30 p.m. at Hamilton Town Hall where it will hear, for the first time, about plans for an arts addition and new athletic facilities at Pingree School.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.