Five Things to Know Today in Hamilton and Wenham: Aug. 20
An essential get-me-going daily morning column from Hamilton-Wenham Patch.
Today is Monday, Aug. 20. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Clouds: Monday will be a cloudy day and not so warm – temperatures will be in the 70s. No rain is expected.
2. Principal: Monday is the first day on the job for Christopher Heath, the new principal at Winthrop Elementary School in Hamilton. He was hired this summer, coming from the Goodyear Elementary School in Woburn. He replaces Carrie Vaich, who took a new principal job on the seacoast of New Hampshire.
3. Hayfields: Hayfields in Hamilton (in the Shoppes at Hamilton Crossing) will be closed Monday and Tuesday while owner Amy Camerlin heads to New York to shop for some new inventory. “Get ready for a fabulous fall and a magical winter of shopping!” Hayfields said on its Facebook page.
4. Goldenstick: A one-day Goldenstick wiffleball tournament for youth comes to the two towns on Monday. Registration is closed but games will be played between 3:30-7:30 p.m. at Pingree Park on Monday. The winner will go to the Junior Championships during the World Championships at Patton Park on Labor Day weekend.
5. Hamilton Selectmen: The Hamilton Board of Selectmen meets on Monday night at Hamilton Town Hall. The board will hear a presentation from Department of Public Works Director John Tomasz about possibly closing the town’s Patton well as part of its reuse of the Patton estate.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.