Five Things to Know on March 15: Last Day to Get A Discounted Beach Pass
An essential get-me-going daily morning column from Hamilton-Wenham Patch.
Today is Friday, March 15. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Clouds: It is expected to be a cloudy day on Friday, with temperature again topping out at about 40 degrees. The wind will blow from the west up to 14 miles per hours.
2. Register: Friday is the deadline to register to vote if you want to be added to the voter rolls for the Annual Town Meeting and town election next month in both towns. Town Clerks offices will be open until 8 p.m. to register voters.
3. Beach: Do you enjoy Crane Beach in Ipswich each summer? If you’ll go more than a few times this summer, a season parking pass may make sense. And Friday is the deadline to buy that pass at a discount. "Early-bird" pricing of $55 for a season pass is available through Friday. It allows parking at no additional charge for a full year at the beach, where a typical charge for a non-member to park on a weekend day is $25.
4. Books: The Friends of the Hamilton-Wenham Library’s book sale gets going on Friday night with a special members-only preview at Hamilton-Wenham Library. It runs from 6-8 p.m. and if you are not yet a Friends member, you can join at the door. The sale open to the public at 9 a.m. on Saturday.
5. DPW: The town of Hamilton is looking for a new director for its Department of Public Works, after John Tomasz left to become director in Salem. The deadline to submit resumes is Friday, according to the job ad on the Massachusetts Municipal Association website.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.